Welcome to Faculty of Law and Public Affairs of Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC-FLPA). When you consider the pursuit of legal education and a career in law, the first major decision you will face is the choice of a law school. Choosing a law school is difficult, but it is a significant decision for your future career. Therefore, I urge you to consider the kind of community you want to join.
FLPA is a law school which offers the best fit for you and cares about your future. FLPA is a great place to study laws because:
- We provide a unique opportunity for high-quality legal education. Rather than just telling people how we are doing things differently and better, we are committed to making it obvious that we are student-centered and devoted to preparing students for entry into the profession.
- We have an established and internationally recognized reputation for excellence in teaching law in English. Our faculty members care about their teaching and see students as a priority. At FLPA, you will find that all faculty members have enriched knowledge and experience, both locally and internationally. All of our faculty members have “real world” experience that they bring to the classroom. Some have practiced with foreign law firms, some have judicial experience, some have corporate experience, and others have governmental legal experience.
- We have established Law and Human Rights Resource Center (LHRC) where we have acquired a collection of books, periodical publication, other audio-visual, and electronic (soft-copies) materials on various topics of law and legal education. This resource center and the provided facilities create a good environment for students and lecturers to carry out their research and study efficiently.
- We have established a Legal Clinic Program, known as PUCLC, to provide hands-on training for law and non-law students in legal education and practice. The PUCLC’s long-term vision is to instill and sustain an ethical legal conscience and to enrich and enhance legal knowledge and practical skills including client counseling, trial advocacy, and ADR. The ultimate goal is to produce capable and sensible citizens who can serve justice in Cambodia.
- We have established a journal entitled Law and Policy Annul (LPA) to promote the research on law, social justice, and policy issues. LPA’s long-term vision is to help develop and enrich research skills among students, faculty members, and scholars and to contribute to the development of law, social justice and policy in Cambodia and the global community.
- We also provide Continuing Legal Education and Career and Internship Services to law students and those who are interested in further developing their legal knowledge, skills, and professionalism.
We hope that this message is useful and informative for those who are interested in our law school. We welcome students of all background, and we invite you to be part of our law community.
Prof. KONG Phallack
Former Dean of Faculty of Law and Public Affairs