The Faculty of Law and Public Affairs of Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC-FLPA) and the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI) with financial support from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) will provide up to 12 full and 03 partial (50%) scholarships for individuals to study the new Master’s Programme in International Human Rights Law at PUC-FLPA (subject to Sida’s funding approval). The Master Programme has been jointly developed by PUC-FLPA and RWI and will offer a unique opportunity for committed individuals to obtain an international level postgraduate qualification in international human rights law in Cambodia. Staff at justice sector institutions, government institutions, non-governmental organization, academic institutions and freshly graduated students are likely to find the programme useful. The programme will be offered on weekends to allow students to have a job on the side, should they so wish. Scholarships will cover the full tuition fee for 54 credits Master Programme. For more details, please see the brochure.
** Interested individuals are invited to an Information Session (click here to register) to be held on Saturday February 23, 2019 (9AM – 10AM) at Meeting Room A, 1st Floor (PUC South Campus, Norodom Blvd).
- Host University: Faculty of Law and Public Affairs of Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia
- Schedule: Full-time weekend programme (Saturday and Sunday)
- Duration of Study: 2.5 years programme (April 2019 – October 2021)
- Number of scholarships: Up to 12 full and 3 partial (50%)
- Value of scholarships: Full tuition fee
- Be Cambodian citizens residing in Cambodia;
- Be admitted to the Master’s Programme at PUC; and
- Be committed to Human Rights.
HOW TO APPLY: TWO SEPARATE APPLICATIONS
For Scholarship Applicants: applicants must submit the following documents by March 11, 2019 (17.00):
- Application for Admission to Master’s Programme at PUC; and
- Application for Scholarship.
For Non-Scholarship Applicants (Self-financed): applicants must submit the following documents by April 10, 2019 (17.00):
- Application for Admission to Master’s Programme.
1. Application for Admission to Master’s Programme
To be admitted to a Master’s programme, applicants must and submit the following documents:
- A completed PUC’s graduate programme application form (available at PUC-FLPA);
- Two photos (4 X 6);
- A copy of resume/CV;
- A copy of bachelor’s degree certified by a competent authority;
- A copy of bachelor’s degree transcript;
- A personal statement letter;
- Two letters of recommendation; and
- A TOEFL score of at least 550 or IELTS score of at least 6.0 (If the TOEFL score or IELT score cannot be obtained, applicants are required to take PUC GAT Test which will be soon arranged for applicants after the submission of application).
2. Application for Scholarship
Applicants who are in need of financial support to study the master’s programme can apply for scholarships provided by the Raoul Wallenberg Institute and Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia. To apply for scholarships, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed cover sheet of the scholarship application to the Master Programme (available at PUC-FLPA);
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Scholarship motivation letter (400-600 words) explaining why the applicant should be awarded a scholarship;
- Proof of English language skills;
- Copy of the applicant’s ID card or passport with her/his personal data and photograph; and
- Any other documents the applicant wish to submit, for example recommendation letters, diplomas, certificates etc.
|For Scholarship Applicants||Open until March 11, 2019|
|For Non-Scholarship Applicants||Open until April 10, 2019|
|Announcement of Scholarship Result||Early April, 2019|
|Semester Starts||April 20, 2019|
Please contact the Faculty of Law and Public Affairs (FLPA), Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia, Heng Building, 2nd Floor, No. 184, Norodom Blvd, 12301, Phnom Penh, Cambodia Office: 855-23-676-7293 or email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.