The Faculty of Law and Public Affairs of Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia (PUC-FLPA) and the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law (RWI) with financial support from Swedish Development Cooperation will provide scholarships for individuals to study Master’s Programme in International Human Rights Law at PUC-FLPA. The Master Programme has been jointly developed by PUC-FLPA and RWI and will offer a unique opportunity for committed individuals to obtain an international level postgraduate qualification in international human rights law in Cambodia. Staff at justice sector institutions, government institutions, non-governmental organization, academic institutions and freshly graduated students are likely to find the programme useful. The programme will be offered on weekends to allow students to have a job on the side, should they so wish. Scholarships will cover the full tuition fee for 54 credits Master Programme.
Interested individuals are invited to an Information Session about the Scholarships (click here to register) to be held on Saturday February 15, 2020 (9:00am – 10:00am) and Wednesday February 19, 2020 (6:00pm-7:00pm) at Room Senmonorom, 3rd Floor, PUC Tuol Kork Campus, No. 89, Street 313, Boeung Kak II, Khan Tuol Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Host University: Faculty of Law and Public Affairs of Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia
- Schedule: Full time weekend programme (Saturday and Sunday)
- Duration of Study: 2.5 years programme (March 2020 – October 2022)
- Value of scholarships: full tuition fee for 54 credits
- Be Cambodian citizens residing in Cambodia;
- Be admitted to the Master’s Programme at PUC; and
- Be committed to Human Rights.
HOW TO APPLY: TWO SEPARATE APPLICATIONS
For Scholarship Applicants: applicants must submit the following documents by February 29, 2020 (17.00):
- Application for Admission to Master’s Programme at PUC; and
- Application for Scholarship.
For Non-Scholarship Applicants (Self-financed): applicants must submit the following documents by March 16, 2020 (17.00):
- Application for Admission to Master’s Programme.
- Application for Admission to Master’s Programme
To be admitted to a Master’s programme, applicants must and submit the following documents:
- A completed PUC’s graduate programme application form (available at PUC-FLPA);
- Three photos (4 X 6);
- A copy of resume/CV;
- A copy of bachelor’s degree certified by a competent authority;
- A copy of bachelor’s degree transcript;
- A personal statement letter;
- Two letters of recommendation; and
- A TOEFL score of at least 550 or IELTS score of at least 6.0 (If the TOEFL score or IELT score cannot be obtained, applicants are required to take PUC GAT Test which will be soon arranged for applicants after the submission of application).
- Application for Scholarship
Applicants who are in need of financial support to study the master’s programme can apply for scholarships provided by the Raoul Wallenberg Institute and Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia. To apply for scholarships, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed cover sheet of the scholarship application to the Master Programme (available at PUC-FLPA);
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
- Scholarship motivation letter (400-600 words) explaining why the applicant should be awarded a scholarship;
- Proof of English language skills;
- Copy of the applicant’s ID card or passport with her/his personal data and photograph; and
- Any other documents the applicant wish to submit, for example recommendation letters, diplomas, certificates etc.
|For Scholarship Applicants||Open until February 29, 2020|
|For Non-Scholarship Applicants||Open until March 16, 2020|
|Announcement of Scholarship Result||Mid of March, 2020|
|Semester Starts||March 31, 2020|
Fostering Your Legal Mind with FLPA!
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Nguon Somaly, Graduate Programme Coordinator
Email: email@example.com, or Tel: +855-15-712-353